Wednesday, July 26, 2006




The whole world is in His hands.

Hi everyone...Wednesday...PAYDAY!!! Today was a busy one at work again...but little by little I can see the surface of my desk. If I can see at least half of it before I leave on vacation I'll be happy. Ha ha. It's not THAT bad, but for an office that is supposed to be going paperless, we sure do have a lot of paper. With 27, 000 students, most of whom receive financial aid of some sort, it sure gets busy.
Today I am thinking especially of my friends who have someone deployed. Wendy, Barb, Emily, and so many of my friends at militarymoms. It sure isn't an easy time to have a loved one serving in the Middle East - or anywhere, really. Things are so uncertain and yet, the hands that are in the graphic above remind us of His never ceasing love for us - and for those we love. And sometimes there are situations in your life that have nothing to do with the military, and yet they are breaking your heart or causing so much stress that you don't know where to turn or who to talk to. Sometimes you can't talk about it because that makes it REAL and then you have to deal with it. For my friends dealing with deployment, remember it's too big to carry by yourself. My friends Emily and Barb have been on this road for awhile now...remember that you are not traveling alone.
To my friends Wendy and Fran - the two military moms in my life who are just recently beginning to deal with deployment...with Wendy's son Jay just deployed and Fran just getting the news that her Vinny will be deployed after all...I can only tell you that God is with you every step of the way. And so are we. Remember that you are never alone - and though we can't be with you in person, and your heart may feel soooo lonely for your son...Jay and Vinny will be in God's care. Remember the MMs motto - Jesus on one side, MMs friends on the other.
Nails pierced Jesus' hands..and I know that fear will pierce your heart during the months ahead...but it is all in His hands...they may have been pierced, but they hold the world. Securely.
Thank you for stopping by - God bless and be with you.
Sue

1 comment:

Sue said...

Kimmy...
You know where we are...right there with you.
love and hugs, and prayers for Chuck and for you too, KIm
Suel