Friday, July 14, 2006


Well, here we are ~ Friday at last! I love the weekends - date day for Ron and I on Saturdays. We visit our son and daughter in law, Scott and Tina, and our granddaughter Veronica. She's 2 - has us all wrapped around her little finger, especially her grandpa. Veronica has a brother Luke who is almost 9...a great kid - we love him to pieces too. Then we'll do some shopping or run some errands and then out for dinner. It's not what some would consider an exciting day, but for Ron and me, it's the day we wait for all week long. And this weekend I'll be tweaking this site a bit - adding some color and some pix...it's something I look forward to doing. If you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know in your comments.
Thanks for visiting my site - it's my first attempt at having my own site, although I have a couple of good friends and I visit their sites quite regularly...when I figure out how to do it, I'll post their links. :) In yesterday's post, I mentioned that Laurie recently re-joined the military - this will be my coping mechanism. For anyone out there who is in the same shoes as I, it's my hope that this will be a place where you can feel at home...because I understand your heart.
Always the protective mom, I probably will keep the personal information regarding my soldiers to a minimum. I will tell you that they have a 16 month old son named Kasey who sure knows how to charm the ladies. It's wonderful to be a grandma and to see how our children have grown into their role as parents. For Ron and I, the last 8 years have been a mixture of pride, of fear, a little bit of frustration and a lot of tears. From the day Laurie enlisted - til this very moment, we have been enlightened in so many ways. Not just by how well Laurie did, but also by seeing our son adjusting to this military family thing in his own way. He is the oldest child, but life has not always been easy for him.
My children ~ military and non military ~ are the inspiration behind most of my writing. And of course my faith and the husband God gifted me with. Our Stephen and our Tina...they are not my son in law and daughter in law...they are our second son and daughter. We are blessed.
Tomorrow is another day - enjoy today and be blessed. Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments: