Friday, July 28, 2006


Stay tuned!!


Well, I did a dumb thing. I was trying to fix some of the pictures that I posted this morning of my family...and for some reason got things all messed up. I can still post, but am having trouble posting pix. It's ok - I'll figure it out...computers, a love/hate thing. Mostly love 'cause it's led to many, many friendships. So I'll try re-posting the pix tomorrow.
So now that I'm here, hope that your Friday has been a good one. Things are a little stressed here as I try to get everything done before we leave to visit the kids on Tuesday. You will never see me post where Laurie and Stephen and Kasey live - most of my MM friends know, and Erik and Emily know, but I guess our MM website security rules have kind of sunk in and I am kind of protective of our military kids and where they live. Call me crazy. :)
Tonight is movie night - Ron always goes to the local video place and gets three movies on Friday. We watch one on Friday night (if I can stay awake we watch the good one..and if I fall asleep he watches the horror/sci-fi movie that he always rents. USUALLY he gets two good movies and the horror one which I tend not to watch. Good grief, I have enough trouble getting to sleep at night!
There are lots of people on my heart tonight...family AND friends. It's not an easy world to live in, is it? No matter what generation we are, we have experienced war. Some of us because we have children or spouses or other loved ones serving here and now, or love a veteran of a past conflict. What ever the circumstance - it is a bridge. We know the fear, the hardship, the loneliness, and God willing, the relief of homecoming. No matter how we feel about the war, we agree on one thing - we love our troops.
So, if you are struggling, or waiting, or fearful, or lonely, remember that there's this bridge. And it connects us all.
I'm so grateful that it connects me to you.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments: