Sunday, July 23, 2006


My grace is sufficient for you.
Three times the apostle Paul asked the Lord to remove a thorn from his side - not a thorn in the literal sense, but an illness. And the Lord spoke these words to Paul..."My grace is sufficient for you."
Ever have a thorn in your side? We say that about situations or dilemmas that won't go away and we don't know how to deal with them. Or, as in Paul's case, a weakness or illness that just seems to sap our strength - and we spend more time concentrating on the weakness than seeking the strength that is available to us.
My thorn is worry. I am a devout Christian, but am also a worrier. Isn't that an oxymoron? I suppose it stems from the fact that I am a mom. And worry is what moms do best...isn't it? Well, hopefully loving our children is what we do best, but worry is a close second. So today, during worship, when these words were read from 2 Corinthians, I felt like scrunching down in the pew because I keep forgetting them. I pray for Paul's boldness of faith that I may find the constant storehouse of strength that is in Jesus. It's not an easy thing to do..it takes practice and constant reminders - kind of like having to wear a string around my finger to remind me to stop and get a loaf of bread or gallon of milk after a busy day at work.
Because if I can remember His grace, then I can remember the rest of Paul's words..."For when I am weak, then I am strong."
God bless your day..
Sue

1 comment:

Sue said...

KIMMY!!!
Well, you know how I feel too...can't believe it's you...thanks for letting me know you are here.