Sunday, July 30, 2006


Sunday nights...

Hi everyone. It's Sunday night, the end of another weekend, but instead of being stressed about the week ahead, I am counting the hours until Ron and I leave for vacation. Lots to do tomorrow at work, but will leave early so that I can get home and finish packing.
I learned a lot about stamina today as I assisted with a 5k race our church sponsored. It was hot and I mean really hot, but as I watched the racers pass me by, it was amazing. Some of them were struggling toward the end, but they all thanked us for helping to watch the traffic and for cheering them on. Scripture has a few verses about running the race..
2 Timothy 4: 7..."I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith..."
Hebrews 12:1; " let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so entangles, and let us run with perseverence the race marked out for us."
I don't know about you, but I sometimes get tired of running the race. I sometimes feel like I'm on one of those wheels that hamsters use. And yet, as the author of Hebrews encourages:
"Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you may not grow weary and lose heart."
Powerful words. Jesus endured so much for us and surely must have been weary. We KNOW he was weary in the garden of Gethsemane as he spoke to his Father, but he did not give up the cup his Father asked him to drink.
Worried? Tired? Sure we are. Uncertain? Struggling? Who isn't?
"But I fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith."
Good words from Hebrews....as a new week begins, may we remember that God is with us - that we may not lose heart.
Blessings my friends,
Sue

No comments: