Monday, July 24, 2006


Good friends are the glue that hold us together!

Far left: me, Nancy, Paula, Barb, Chris, Colleen, Betty, Karen, Chrisbeth, Sueski, Fran, Jeanette, Wendy...Military moms...support and encouragement and love

Tonight I had dinner with a couple of old friends at Olive Garden. Pat and Joan. We do this once a year - at least Pat and I do, sometimes Joan can't make it. Pat lives in FL most of the year and comes back to our area to visit once or twice a year. She used to be my Supervisor - and she was one of my mentors. I learned so much from her. And she was my friend. Sometimes we learn the most just because someone took the time to be a friend. We had a great time tonight.
In tonight's post, I would like to talk about my friend Nancy - we call her Cheese cause she is a Packers fan from Wisconsin. There are a group of us at our military moms website who have become the best of friends. We are from all over the country, but Nancy is kind of the glue that holds us all together. We began as Cyber friends, now we are sisters in Christ. We have visted each other's home - even though we are hundreds of miles apart, we know that we are always in prayer for one another and for each other's children. Nancy never tires of serving others..she serves the Lord faithfully at her church and takes His love to others through her energy, ambition, kindness and love. She is tireless. Truly, the Holy Spirit leads her in all things.
She will be uncomfortable when she reads this and her comment is likely to be BLTHHHHHT - she does that very well too.
Nancy is a friend in the truest sense of the word. God knew we needed her. Her son Josh is a veteran now, but she loves many soldiers - my own two soldiers included - and supports every branch of the military as though they were her own children. I love Nancy - one of many who do. So I have to share her, but in doing that, she connects me to many many others. You know who you are..and don't worry - you're on my list of top 10 things I need to post about.
Thank you for who you are Nancy. I love you for infinity.
See you tomorrow - God be with you all and God bless our troops.
Sue

No comments: