Sunday, July 16, 2006



Don't be afraid...just believe!!
This verse from the gospel of Mark served as the basis for our Pastor's sermon today. Just as I did, I suspect all of our congregation needed to hear these words this morning - the world is not a peaceful place. Yet, just as Jesus spoke those words to Jairus, a synagogue leader, concerning Jairus' daughter who was dying, Jesus speaks these same words to us all. Are we listening - am I listening? If we are following Fox news, or CNN, or MSNBC...well, you know what I'm talking about. It's not easy to NOT be afraid. Especially those of us who have loved ones serving. For those with loved ones in the sand, believe that those soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines are in the prayers of nearly everyone in America-everyone who believes, and we definitely out number those who don't. Those prayers are rising every moment of the day. They are spoken in faith, with confidence, and with trust. "Don't be afraid - just believe!"
He embraces us all. Can you feel it?
Blessings,
Sue

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sue, You are a blessing. You are very eloquent with words, and I do believe that is because they come from your heart. As a fellow MM, I know you well enough to share that your heart has always been in the right place when it comes to your faith, your family and the military.

This Blog will be a blessing to so many, but I do believe it will be a blessing to you, especially.

My continued prayers for Laurie and Stephen. (((HUGS))) Kathy