Saturday, August 19, 2006



TIDBITS!!!

Finally, it's Saturday. The work week always seems so long when we are returning from vacation doesn't it? But it's a dark, rainy morning here and I felt morally obligated to sleep quite a bit later than usual.
:)

Today is Luke's birthday...he is 9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!! He is such a great kid - and became our first grandchild when Scott married Tina nearly four years ago. LUKE WE LOVE YOU!!
So the kids and a friend of Luke's, and Tina's sister Denise will be over for pizza and wings and birthday cake. I need to go to the local party store and pick up some balloons and to Wally World for a couple more gifts (Dragonball GT stuff) Erik, your Hunter no doubt knows what that is cause I sure didn't), and some wrapping paper.

It's a good day ...Lilly is lying on her floor pillow ~ sound asleep of course due to the effects of her "kennel cough" medication. She went to the vet's yesterday - the same vet who took care of Shelby. When Shelby was put to sleep, the Vet and her two assistants were both with us, crying with us because they loved Shelby so much. Yesterday, they all stood in the clinic room with Ron and welcomed Lilly...after some kind words about Shelby and a few more tears, they told Ron we have a wonderful new doggie and that she will help us all heal. She meant themselves as well. They just don't make vets (and veterinarian staff) like that anymore...or so I thought. We are blessed to have them.
So, Lilly is good, but plum tuckered out from her experiences of the last few months and needs plenty of TLC. She will have it and I think she feels that.

We are watching "Band of Brothers" on the History channel. It's one of my absolute favorite movies/series and one more reason why Tom Hanks is in my top ten. He and his co-director put great care into this series and every time we watch it I find something new to be in awe of concerning our military and what they endure. Ron is a WW II buff...a serious WW II buff...and sometimes I get tired of seeing the atrocities of Hitler, yet I know that it is part of not only Germany's history, but ours as well because so many sacrificed so much on and across the oceans. And so we can never forget ~ even when it's painful to remember.
Tomorrow there will be church and a few chores around the house - whatever I don't get finished this morning.
For my friends with deployed soldiers, or with loved ones serving anywhere, I know from personal experience that the weekends are the toughest because they are the two days of the week when we are forced to find things to do apart from the Monday thru Friday work routine...to make the day go by more quickly. I pray that you will have a phone call or email from your soldiers.
You know, I have a habit of calling all service members "soldiers" even when referring to airmen or sailors or marines...can anybody tell me is that ok...or is it incorrect? I never mean to offend anyone by doing that, so correct me if it is not the right thing to do...Laurie, Stephen or Erik, what do you think?
Thanks for stopping by ~ hope you have a good Saturday everyone ~
and be blessed.
Sue

No comments: