Thursday, August 24, 2006


Happy Birthday Scott!!!

Today is Scott's birthday. 31 years ago today, and 3 1/2 weeks late, he finally decided to show up. It was a loooong summer that year and one of the warmest on record. He has been a wonderful son - sometimes gave us a run for our money, but he is a great kid...umm, guy (he'll always be my kid). We'll take them to Applebee's and then they'll come back here for cake and ice cream. Homemade pineapple upside down cake - his favorite.
I must admit, the birthday gifts on his list aren't much different today than they were 10 years ago, except for the sizes of the clothes I buy. He's very much into gaming yet - with Luke - but I don't buy the games anymore very often. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!! WE LOVE YOU and are SOOOO proud of you.
31. Man oh man.
So I've been a little remiss in my posting this week - lots to do at work and at home. First week of classes begin next week, our office manager - Ginny - is retiring next week and it's going to leave a big hole in our hearts.
Our office has learned to deal with being shorthanded - but in Ginny's case, we can fill her position, but it won't be the same. Ginny is one of the most gracious, enthusiastic, generous and faith filled women I have ever met. Add to that her capability to create calm out of chaos and you can understand why she's irreplaceable. We're sure going to miss her.
For my friends who love a soldier, I pray this weekend brings a letter, a phone call, or an email. And if he or she is deployed, then you know that prayers are being spoken and heard and answered according to God's holy and perfect will. And in His time. Especially for my friends Barb, and Wendy, Fran, and Emily. May God bless you with His peace.
Blessings for your Friday, my friends.
Sue

No comments: