Saturday, January 31, 2009

Turning Corners.


It's been quite a week here - the weather has been horrendous. Snow. Snow! Snow!!
The lady that looked at our house says she wants it but has done nothing about a formal offer so we will list it next week and hopefully sell quickly. We will also start packing and get ready for a household sale. I will also check into the preliminary paperwork for retirement - it takes 30 days or so to retire. :)
All of this is much like the driving I had to do during all of these snow storms we've had. You know about the turning corners thing - slow down, but keep your foot off the break and if you start to slide just go with it and don't turn the wheel the other way.
Kasey is a good little boy but has had a couple of rough days in school this week which carried over to home at least one of those days. Got himself (and grandma) good and upset before we even left the day care parking lot on the drive home one day and by the time we got home it was getting worse. Once we got home and in the house, and out of our cold weather garb. I sat down on the step. pulled him over to me and sat him on my lap and we talked, and apologized to each other - the good and sincere apology that comes with a warm hug and a heartfelt, "I love you."
We're just trying to make our way here - turning the corners, so to speak. Scott has some health issues and I know that he is thinking about us leaving - it isn't going to be as easy as it seems. We all look forward to the day when we retire - getting there isn't easy though, is it?
Laurie is doing very well in school, Stephen instant messages to us all when he can although we are like ships passing in the night because of the time and schedule difference. All I know is that when I see his name with a yellow happy face next to it on my messenger - even if his status is "Idle" or when I see both Stephen and Laurie's happy faces lit up, then there is a big piece of my heart that is at peace.
Turning corners isn't a bad thing - it's good when you know what will be ahead of you, but we don't know God's will and I'm not about to guess. I am hoping that this huge corner we are headed for will be easier to navigate than what it seems like now.
Think I will give my brain a rest this weekend and watch the Superbowl. Yup, that's what we will do. Watch some of the hype, order some pizza or maybe make some hot soup and sandwiches and veg in front of the TV.
And wait for the weather advisories to crawl across the bottom of the TV. :)
Sounds like a plan. Hope YOUR weekend is a good one too. Many blessings.
God bless our troops and those of us who wait.

7 comments:

Elisha said...

Sorry to hear that the lady interested in your house has not done something about it. Hoping once it is listed she jumps into gear or that you get an offer from someone else very quickly. I do not envy all the work you are going thru to get ready for all of this. I do not like packing and even more than packing, I really dislike sorting thru stuff and having to decide what to keep and what to get rid of.

Poor little Kasey (and Grandma)and the rough days. I can only imagine how hard this is on all of you.

Try to stay warm and enjoy your weekend.

Sue said...

Elisha,
Thanks so much. You know, there really aren't any days that don't have a lot of blessings.
But it's a little harder some days than others. And you know what? When I think of all the unknown corners our troops have to encounter in the sand, the ones we have ahead of us are nothing in comparison.
hugs,
sue

Unknown said...

Things happen as they are meant to be...waiting is difficult! It sounds as though you have a good weekend plan, enjoy!

~AM

Ma said...

Sue,

I just admire you so much. Your life is taking a different path right now and you are so good for Kasey.

I just got power back on last night. I've been without since Tuesday. I'm in northwest Arkansas and we have mostly ice.

Take care and give Kasey a good night hug for me.

Betsy

Call Me Grandma said...

My prayers are with you during this time of transition. I feel for you friend.
Reading your post made me feel better. It made me feel better to read that sometime you and Casey have your moments. Noah, Gabby and I have our moments also and it leaves me with some guilt. Grandmas are suppose to have patience...right? That can be so hard sometimes. God give us Grandmas strength.

SUE said...

You sure are busy. I'm glad you and lil Kasey had a great moment to share! Those hugs like that are the best in the world. I liked this blog, it reminds me I am turning corners in my own life. I can't wait to see what is around the bend. Blessings to you and yours!

Linda said...

I was so hoping for you that the lady would buy your house and you wouldnt have to go thru a realator and all the showings etc. Little Kasey is such a sweetie of course there will be days but the hugs are so worth the journey getting there.