Friday, February 06, 2009

I see you smiling, Mom and Dad.


Today, my little sister Chelle became a grandma when her oldest daughter, my niece Nicole, gave birth to her first child. He was delivered by c-section since he weighed 9lbs. 5 oz. Big boy Van Christian is, but healthy - and his mommy is doing well also. I've been feeling pretty nostalgic today and thinking a lot about our family. This little boy is named for his grandpa, (we called him Skip, but his name was Van) whom he will never meet because he passed away 11 years ago. I know that he is smiling down with pride and happiness on his daughter and grandson.
There are three of us girls born to my mom and dad - poor dad had to wait til I gave birth to Scott to have a baby boy in the family. But Dad was proud of his family and I know he's smiling down with Mom as they see Chelle as a new grandma. All their girls are grandmas. There's kind of a completeness about it, you know? Chelle and her hubby Bob will be wonderful grandparents - just like Mom and Dad were.
And so, welcome to the world little Van Christian. There are many of us who haven't met you, and yet we love you. The world is good - don't let anyone tell you different. Tonight your mommy's and daddy's world is perfect....and it's just the beginning for you all.
I am so thankful for my mom and dad - for bringing us up in a loving and happy home. It makes days like today even more perfect.
Be blessed Nicole and Bryan and Van. God is watching over you all with His great -and very tender - goodness and love.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sue...my congratulations to your entire family! Babies are such blessings!

~AM

Elisha said...

Welcome to the world Van Christian!

Congratulations to the entire family. And Sue, I am sure your parents are looking down bursting with pride for their entire family.

Karen said...

Congratulations to everyone. Nothing like a little baby to make everything right in the world.
HUGS,
KAren

Linda said...

Congratulations!!! Happy Birth Day Van Christian

Call Me Grandma said...

Congrats to you all on the new baby.
Babies are icing on the cake.
God's blessings on Van and his family.