Friday, February 13, 2009

Flight 3407


Last night, as I was turning out lights and getting ready for bed, I paused to sit at my computer for a few moments and listen to the 11 oclock local news. It was then that I learned about a small plane that crashed into a home in a suburb east of Buffalo, and it totally flattened the home and the entire neighborhood was witness to a home being demolished. The first reports were about a small plane, so I assumed it was a private plane. But it didn't matter what kind of a plane it was, those on board had perished, and most likely everyone in the home as well. And God heard my prayers along with those at the scene.
This morning, I turned on the news and sadly found out that the plane was a commuter plane flying into Buffalo with 49 people on board in mist and snow and wind. Somehow, the day went on, but in a state of sorrow for all of those lost.
You have probably all heard about it by now and so I add my prayers to yours. You probably have heard the stories of those on board - each of them personal, and sad.
But there were also the stories of God's grace for some of the would be passengers who missed Flight 3407 because of missed connections, or deciding not to go standby after all. All of these things were God's will, not luck, but God's Grace. I pray those lost now rest with Him and that those who mourn for their loved ones also know His peace. It's what we count on and appreciate when we don't have the answers to "why?"
May He be with us all and help us to appreciate our lives - and spread His love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post!

~AM

Karen said...

My prayers are with the families also.
HUGS,
Karen

Call Me Grandma said...

Doesn't the bible tell us that we need to be always ready. We don't know the time or manner. Live each day like it is going to be your last day here on Earth.
Prayers going out to all of the family members left behind. May they all find comfort in God's word and promise.
That is were I get my strength to go on.