Saturday, January 03, 2009

And so, we begin again.

Happy New Year my friends. With many good wishes that your 2009 will be bright with hope and good health and happiness.
I am a bit late on that but it's been a busy couple of days around here as we get back into the "just us three" routine. We took Kasey to a local mall yesterday - did some window shopping and went to a show.
I managed to keep from crying at the airport when Stephen and Laurie left. Choked back some tears and had to turn around to wipe a few stray tears away, but it was important to their little family that we remained strong so as not to make it any more upsetting than it was. Doubly difficult for Laurie and Stephen since they were not only leaving Kasey, but each other.
We begin phase 2 now - the rest of Stephen's deployment, Laurie's intense class schedule, and the continuing adventure for Kasey (and for us too).
2009 will be a year unlike any other for our family. The next few weeks will be pitching and tossing time. Setting some things aside for one more garage sale in the spring, and for packing to go in the RV. The manufacturer of the RVs that we were most interested in is going under so even though we were planning on buying one that isn't brand new, it won't be that kind since service and parts would be hard to come by.
And blitzing the house is mandatory. Once I get some of the extra stuff out of the way, flat surfaces cleared, etc., it will be time to show no mercy with the cleaning supplies.
Monday sees me back at work and Kasey back at pre-school. Two weeks off has been wonderful but if I am ever going to retire, I need to clear my desk.
And so, the mission begins. Clean the house, clear the desk, call the realtor. Kasey can help - there are a lot of things to be gotten rid of so he can help me in doing that.
Whew - what a year to look forward to.
With Stephen returned to the sand, I can tell you that the magnitude of deployment is hitting me a bit harder...seeing them all together, and now knowing they are apart. So many families going through this same experience - but I prefer to keep it on the positive side and give thanks for the two weeks we've had together. God is good.
May He bless you richly in 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sue~

I will say prayers that you will remain thankful and productive. I will pray that you can smile more than you sigh, laugh more than you weep, ring joy more than you ring necks... I missed you!
We are a family again. Scott returned home two days before christmas and we'll be moving in three weeks time. We were able to find a house in the transferred area so we are mucho excited!
Change is never easy! Sometimes it is completely uncomfortable... but as we come out on the other side we are able, or hopefully able to say "Oh... We did it!" I am there and I will hold that in my prayers for you!
Annabee