Sunday, January 11, 2009

Could this be?


Friday night after I got out of work, we took Kasey to a local place for dinner - we had a fish fry, Kasey had one of his usuals...spaghetti, no sauce - no thank you to the meatball this time.
When we got home, there were three messages on the answering machine. One was from the insurance company about our November accident. Another was a reminder for an appointment. And the third was a lady who said she heard that we are going to be selling our house and could she come and look at it?
Huh? Somebody wants to look at our house and it's not even on the market yet?
I mentioned to Ron it would be a good thing to give me a week to get ready - so that I can do some heavy cleaning. And so, she will be here Saturday.
As I was going through the last of the basement things today, I stopped to think about it a bit. I asked Ron if I could keep the whole book in which my one and only published poem is - or if I had to tear out the poem and throw out the book. :) I half expected he would say tear out the poem, but he could tell by the look on my face that this would not be a wise answer. Little by little we are REALLY getting into the swing of things here and I find that I can throw things out after all. Half of the basement floor has been given a new coat of paint - Ron will do the other half tomorrow. It looks clean and bright.
But could it be that this is really happening? This retirement thing, selling the house, moving adventure - it's really going to happen?
I cried a bit thinking of how difficult it will be to leave the home we've lived in for nearly 29 years. But Ron said, "it will be hard for us all but remember that we are just leaving a house - the home and the memories go with us."
I hate it when he's right - but this time am very thankful too.
God bless you - thanks for stopping by. And may He bless our troops - and those who wait.
Sue

2 comments:

kbug said...

Oh my, you've been busy...although, I can't say I envy you spending a couple hours in a ditch..... :) I do, however, envy your soon-to-be retirement...and the RV thingy...I don't know if it would be the thing for me, but it sounds so cool. When you start traveling this big ole country, you must make a stop Dallas for a visit..... :)

Take care, my friend.

Elisha said...

Wondering if the lady came and looked at the house and if so how that went. Hope you and Ron and Kasey are all doing good and staying warm.