Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Thirty seven years and counting!

Exactly thirty seven years ago, I was waking up on my wedding day. Ron and I had only been going together for three weeks when he proposed but then we waited another 6 months before we got married (well we had to plan the wedding...back then things were much simpler). I still remember what Ron's mom said to me when my dad and I walked into the church that Friday night back in 1969. "Now don't cry when your father walks you down the aisle - we don't want to have Ron see you crying." Well, I managed not to cry then...but anyone who looked closely at me when we left the ceremony as a married couple could see a few tears glistening in my eyes.
I can't tell you all that these past 37 years have meant to me being married to Ron - but I can say for sure that I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. I have said that since the moment we began dating - and before. Now, as we watch our grown children living their lives and as we enjoy our three grandchildren as well, I shudder to think how empty my life would be without him. Thank you, God.
Grow old along with me - the best is yet to be.
Honey - I think those words were written for you and I.
To Ron - Happy Anniversary honey- I love you.
Thirty seven and counting....
Love,
Susie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and may God bless you with many more.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Sue and Ron. May you have many more wonderful years together. You have 6 years on Frank and I.