Wednesday, November 29, 2006


Hello Papa??


This picture of Veronica was snapped in our family room the other day when she was here paying her Papa a visit. She was standing about a foot away from Ron who was sitting in his recliner, she picked up the phone and said "Hi Papa!!" I love that little voice. She calls here a lot and she's always ready for whoever picks up the phone..."Hi Papa - Hi Nana..." and I melt when I hear her. Same for Kasey - we generally talk to Laurie and Stephen and Kasey a couple of times a week. Laurie picks up the phone and I hear her say, "Say hi Grandma..." and Kasey says "hi... I ou.." which of course translated is "I love you." And once again, I melt. With Luke, of course, we can actually carry on a conversation and not wonder what we are agreeing to. He is a cool kid.
Ron is such a good grandpa - he was on this mission to get an Elmo TMX for Veronica. A lot of stores in our area had them on sale, but of course they neglected to mention that only two of them were available to sell. So he went on Ebay and purchased a new one for $65. It arrived yesterday and Ron felt morally obligated to test it out. It's cute. It's very red. And it's noisy. Very noisy. I like the cute and the red - and even the noisy is ok. But Lilly? She stands back, tries to figure it out, but can't. So she does what ever other red blooded doggie would do (but which she rarely does).
She barks. It's funny to see - this red fuzzy thing rolling on the floor laughing and talking - and Lilly backing up and barking. Well, Christmas morning should be interesting - for about 5 minutes. Then I'm not sure what will happen or who will win - Elmo or Lilly. Yup - should be interesting.
This week has been a long one at work but it's almost done. With an even busier than usual weekend coming up, I'm planning to get a little extra sleep tonight and tomorrow night. I know that some of you may be havng trouble sleeping because you are dealing with deployments - or pending deployments. So I ampraying that He gives you good rest tonight. And that He restores your strength to meet the day tomorrow.
Thanks for letting me be a grandma tonight. It's one of my favorite hats - and I love wearing it.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments: