Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nice while it lasted.


I had a five day weekend this week - took Wednesday off to do my pies and Thanksgiving preparation, and then our office was closed on Friday. I like five day weekends but they make it twice as hard to face those Monday mornings.
More winter weather is coming in tonight and tomorrow - went out yesterday and bought myself some boots at Payless - the ones I've been wearing are in sad shape and not very warm either. Got my Christmas cards at a brand new store - oh did it ever put me in the Christmas shopping mood. Those songs they play over the pa systems in the stores really set me to humming ~ and I don't know about you, but once I'm humming Christmas songs that's it. Time to get out the plastic. :)
And so, tomorrow morning the clock will ring at 5:20. The bathroom heater will go on, as well as the hot water for my shower. Kasey will be up and at 'em, and a new week will begin. It sure was nice while it lasted. Kasey agrees. It's nice to know that I have something in common with a 3 year old - besides us both loving and missing his mommy and daddy.
God bless your week my friends and may His love and protection be with our troops wherever they serve.

No comments: