Sunday, November 09, 2008

Is it time for bed yet?

Ok, I think I have it all figured out. The secret to getting a good night's sleep is to get ready for bed before I put Kasey in bed. Then, if I should happen to drift off while I am telling Kasey his bedtime stories or scratching his back while he tries to keep from closing his eyes, at least I can sleep through the night in Kasey's bed and Ron can wake me up when my alarm goes off in our room. Makes sense to me anyway even if Ron isn't keen about getting out of a warm bed at 5:20 am to climb the stairs to wake me up without waking Kasey up. Yeah, now THAT'S the hard part.
For some reason Kasey couldn't get to sleep tonight, so we finally made the executive decision to let him sleep on the couch in the family room. I think he's lonesome up there in his room all by himself. It worked the first week and part of the second, but the novelty of having his Uncle Scott's room has worn off - now he just wants to be on the same floor as we are. And so, whatever it takes to give him - and us - a good night's sleep, so be it.
He talked to his daddy for 10 minutes this morning and to his mom for at least 5 minutes tonight. Some nights, if Laurie gets 10 seconds of conversation with him she is lucky. So much to do when you are three and you only have an hour before bedtime.
And so, I am finally off to bed - just might get to stay there tonight. Lily will need to sleep on her own bed on the pillow in the corner tonight cause I plan on stretching out. I AM the number one female in the house after all.
Just ask Kasey. :-)
God bless our troops.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Sue,
I feel so bad for Kasey, he's so young to be going through this separation. Know I keep him and all of you in my prayers.
BIG HUGS,
Karen

Anonymous said...

It is so true about the when's and where's of sleep. Sean needs to read and have his back scratched every night as well... Cute!
Good to see you again, Sue, it's been a while since I ahve stopped in. Busy doesn't begin to define it.
All my best,
Annabee

Ma said...

I know I have told you before but I think you are one of the most wonderful people in the world.

Betsy