Tuesday, September 02, 2008




What's in a number?


64 - it's a good number, don't you think? I think so...Ron's not so sure. Today is his 64th birthday. He didn't ask for much - an apple pie. One of my specialties - tastes pretty good too!

(I had to make sure it was a good present).


I always want to ask someone who thinks they are old at 40, or 50, or 60 - (or beyond):
"Why does it bother you? It's only a number." Of course I don't ask, because I remember turning 60 myself about 18 months ago. 60 can be a little intimidating, if you let it.
For nearly 40 of his 64 years, Ron has been one of those awesome husbands that on many days I feel I don't deserve. But God gave him to me anyway.
A blessing which still makes me shake my head in amazement. Every single day.


Happy Birthday, honey.
I love you - but only God knows how much.




2 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Ron

Dutchman said...

Thank you.......
Ron