Monday, September 08, 2008

Time to adjust things.

Well, now that Stephen is overseas, I have come to an executive decision: Don't go to Army Times website. I LOVE their website, but not right now. Feeling a bit vulnerable these days and so, I will be selective about where I visit. MAYBE Fox News (after all, they are fair and balanced and we do have an election going on :).
www.militarymoms.net without a doubt will stay at the top of my favorites - you should visit there sometime - awesome group of people there you need to meet. And of course all my favorite blogs will stay - that would be all of yours and more as I find them. (blogs are good).
Ron and I are now finding more and more blogs written by people who are full time RVers. In other words, they are already living our dream.
I digress....
Anyway, after a rough weekend, I am back up and on my feet again. The extra little thing that got tossed into our weekend is that Scott found an apartment. Now this is a GOOD thing, but it also means that I need to go through Scott and Veronica withdrawal. Oh, we will see them often, but I was really getting used to the schedule, and to having our weekends revolve around having the Binker. This too shall pass.
Laurie and Kasey seem pretty good - Kasey is trying to figure it all out ("Did Daddy get all the bad guys yet, mommy?").
Yesterday in church, our wonderful Pastor said a prayer for Stephen - and for all of our family, plus all of the military and their loved ones, he also said to the congregation: "try to understand - but you never will - what it's like to have a loved one serving in harm's way." I said to him after the service, "I praise God for you Pastor Garry." And I do; because he knows this mom's heart is trying to summon all the faith she has - and yet I am human.
But God is faithful. He doesn't need to hear my prayers to hear or to understand my heart.

Pretty awesome, huh?

God bless our troops and those who wait.
PROUD Two Star Mom

3 comments:

Karen said...

Aww Sue, sending BIG HUGS to you. My prayers are with Stephen and with all of you.
We have friends who are living the life you want to....they winter south and summer here cause they have family here still. One goes to a different southern state every winter, last year was AZ, the others go to different parts of FL every winter. They "work camp" at least part of the year to get their sites paid for. Someday we can do that too.....but it'll be a few more years.

kbug said...

It is so rare to find someone who truly seems to understand where we moms-of-the-deployed are coming from, you are very lucky to have a pastor like that...as I feel lucky to have friends like you here in blogland. I hope all continues to go well for you and yours...hugs coming your way..... :)

The Teacup Cottage said...

Aww, sorry to hear it's so tough, but it does get better. Nothing makes you feel more connected than care packages, so have tons of fun with that! I know I haven't been around much, but I am still alive ... barely. With the visit and sick FIL, things have been hectic and now we are in round two of hurricane adventures. Promise I'll be back to my ol' cheerful self soon ... as soon as I finish a few more martinis!