Thursday, September 04, 2008


The Little Engine That Could.


The roller coaster has pulled into the station - my left foot is in it...the right dragging just a bit to slow things down. But it can't be done. It's time to climb in - head, feet, and everything in between - including my heart. And oh, that first hill - it looks so darned steep.

But we're pulling away from the loading platform. And another roller coaster ride is beginning.

Some of Kasey's favorite books and movies are about Thomas the Train and Friends. Years ago, I remember reading to the kids about The Little Engine That Could - it was one of those Golden Books that I read first to Scott; and a few years later to Laurie.

"I think I can...I think I can..."

And so, as Stephen deploys, I will remember that book from so long ago. My yellow ribbon pin with the Army Star charm is ready - it will be worn every single day for a year until he comes home. The pain in my heart is not so much worry or fear, but rather the thought of our kids parting for a year. Yes. I know. People are doing it every single day - have done so since time began.
But, more than this afore mentioned little book, I will keep God's Word...
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

And so, with God's help and with prayers for my children from so many of my friends, and from this mom's heart, I can say..."I know we can , I know we can," until, finally, the day we can say..."WE DID!"


Dear Lord, please bless all of our troops. Every single one.
Thanks for stopping by my friends.
Two Star Mom

2 comments:

Linda said...

Godspeed Stephen

Karen said...

My prayers are with you all. And like that "Little Engine" -- you can do this.
HUGS,
Karen