Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chores and Road Trips,

It's been a busy weekend here. Chores and errands on Saturday, church, Sunday School, and hair appointment today. Laurie and Kasey had their last road trip for awhile as they left the post where Laurie was for her TDY and is back where her home post is. She will work there a couple of weeks before leaving to go to where her new assignment will be. Ron will go out before she moves to help with the move and then to bring Kasey back. A lot of things ahead for our family. Finally have an address for Stephen and can start writing - lucky him. I am one of those letter writers who adds happy faces and all that to my letters. Not inappropriately of course, but I do enjoy happy faces. :)
Later on in the week, Ron and I will drop Lily off at Scott's and be on our way for our own road trip to GA for our niece's wedding. I am looking forward to that like nobody's business.
Ron and I were sitting in the family room earlier watching the Buffalo Bills beat St. Louis, and I looked around at the currently neat room - most everything cleaned, well, except my desk - and I realized how empty it is without the Binker's toys here. So I said to Ron that Kasey can put his toys in the family room, in the living room...anywhere he wants them to be. Of course once we put the house on the market, we will have to have a few rules but hey, I'm flexible.
I also want to call Stephen's mom this week - it's good to keep in touch. Once one week goes by, pretty soon it's two, and so on.
So, my friends, have a great week. Be safe and be blessed. I'll miss you but will be back next week.
God bless our troops and those who love them.
Sue

2 comments:

Karen said...

Have a safe trip and ENJOY the wedding.
HUGS,
KAren

Call Me Grandma said...

Have a good trip and enjoy yourself.
God bless our troops!