Saturday, May 31, 2008

Love Hurts



I said to Ron tonight on our way home from dinner, "Do you think I'm ever going to get over the fact that Scott and Tina split up?" It's almost a year now, and last night when Tina brought Veronica over, Scott and Tina were talking like old friends. About what you may ask? About Scott trying to find an apartment and Tina telling him where the good ones are-and the bad ones too. If it didn't hurt so much it would be almost funny. Almost.
The fact is, they are both getting on with their lives. Scott is dating a very nice girl, and I think Tina is dating someone as well. I thought I was over the mourning stage, but I guess I'm not.
Will I ever be? I am thankful that they are on good terms - as Ron reminded me tonight, they have a long time to go together as Veronica's parents.
And then there are Stephen and Laurie. Separated not by choice but by the Army's plan for them. They love each other so much - and they are such good parents to Kasey. Tonight, Laurie is back home with Kasey they spent the week with Stephen. In a few weeks, Laurie and Kasey will go back and stay with Stephen until he deploys. This is when we will visit them.
Love hurts. It hurts when you see your children separate, whether it's a marriage that doesn't work out; or when they are separated by war. Either way, it's rough on hearts. Probably no rougher on mine than on theirs, but when a mom's heart hurts, it feels like the hurt is multiplied by three - her kids hearts and her own. Know what I mean?
So this gives me a lot to pray about - and reconcile with. Eventually that will happen.
Until then, well, love hurts.
Big time.
Thank you Lord for helping me t0 remember that your love is far greater than the hurt.

2 comments:

kbug said...

Sometimes it's hell to be a mom and to love so much...blessings to you, my friend..... :)

Karen said...

My prayers are with you.
HUGS,
KAren