Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Whether you are a mom, or a daughter who is also a mom, or a grandma...today is "our" day.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! And if you are a single dad, or a stay at home dad, or a man whose wife is deployed because she is a soldier, Happy Mother's Day to you also because you often are BOTH mom and dad to your children.
What are your plans for the day? A bbq with all the kids and grandkids? A quiet day at home working on a scrapbook? Dinner out with all of your family? Whatever your plans are, know that you are appreciated and loved.
Yesterday a big brown truck pulled up to our driveway and I figured it was some sort of parts that Ron might have ordered - he's always fixing things you know (even if they aren't broken).
But lo and behold, as I continued to clean my closet, Ron came in the door hollering my name and saying that I had a package. When we were in FL a few weeks ago, I had commented on the gardenias that were all around my sister's home. And so, opening the package revealed a gift from Laurie, Stephen and Kasey - a gardenia plant. And so I cried - what else would I do? :)
Laurie remembered that I loved gardenias. That touched me so deeply.
Ron says that I have a surprise coming today - I'm not one who needs special treatment on any holiday (but Laurie, Stephen and Kasey sure racked up a lot of points with that gardenia : ). So I'm not sure what that means - dinner out? That would be a treat but not likely on Mother's Day since restaurants are so crowded and we usually avoid them like the plague on holidays. :)
Whatever it is, just having a day to enjoy with Ron and Scott will be nice.
And so I say, Happy Mother's Day to all my friends...may you be blessed.
Sue

3 comments:

Elisha said...

Hoping your Mother's Day was every bit as special as you are.

Call Me Grandma said...

I hope you had a good one.

kbug said...

Can't wait to hear what the surprise was. Mine was a picnic at the lake that all the kids planned for me. It was great, I got to spend the day with all of them, and got to feel my grandson moving in Katie's tummy...doesn't get any better than that!!!