Monday, March 26, 2007

Walking in the shadow...

Today I am going to ask for your prayers for my cousin Tina. I've posted about her before...she recently underwent her second bone marrow transplant because the first one didn't take. She is a woman with a strong, wonderful, tender and faith filled heart who is fighting the hardest battle of her life right now. On paper, the results of the BMT looks good - her blood counts are going up and getting better each day. But she has developed a terrible complication of the transplant - it's a disease called Graft versus Host Disease - her body has broken out in a terrible rash which is a result of her body trying to fight the donor's bone marrow. There have been experts from two hospitals working on her and they all agree that if she develops an infection it could very well prove fatal.
At times like this, the words of my prayers feel so awkward and so inadequate.... and repetitive. I know that God's divine will is already in place - Lord please help me to trust in that will.
Where God allows us to go is sometimes very frightening - but I guess the heart of the matter is this: He IS with her in this journey, walking beside her. No, more likely, He is carrying her.
Dear God, if it is your will, lead her out of this valley, and into the green pastures.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

My prayers are going out her way right now.
Because the hand of the Lord was upon me, I took courage. Ezra 7:28