Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First week nearly over...

Well, for this week, it's three days down, two to go. It sure has been a good one though, getting back to work and all. And while all the cards and baskets and notes made me feel missed while I was home, my friends and co-workers (one and the same) sure have made the return a great and welcoming experience. Monday I hardly got any work done as people stopped by my desk to ask how I am doing and to say welcome back. I was a little nervous about going back - kind of wondering how I would navigate with the brace and all. It's working out fine - and I am really getting around very well and everyone is so willing to help.
The kindness of others - a balm for healing if ever there was one.
It was a little bit sad kissing Ron goodbye on Monday morning when he left me at my desk. I had shown him around the office, introduced him to one of my co-workers, and then kissed him goodbye and told him to be careful driving home (those are usually his words to me when I leave for work in the morning, but with his driving me this week, the tables are turned). If I could spend each day with Ron it would be great, but our finances are not ready for me to retire yet, and I think God still has some things planned for me in my job yet, still...it would be kind of nice to have each day in front of us to spend together as we choose.
There are a lot of things to do this spring - at work, at church, at home. Plans to make for our trip with the kids and grand kids this summer, a prayer retreat at church in May, and the daily busy-ness at work. Everybody (especially my family) tells me that I need to slow down, and I want to. But this is always easier said than done and how does a person begin doing that?
So I guess it's time to start listening for that still small voice that God uses when He wants to get our attention. We have a tendency not to hear Him when we are rolling along our own merry little way. Hmmm.
Nope - can't retire yet. Not ready to do that anyway. But it's a nice thing to look forward to. Meanwhile, it sure is a nice feeling to be able to look forward to going to my job each day. Not everyone can say that.
Thank you, God.
May He bless you all as you look forward to the weekend.
God bless our troops and those who wait.
Sue

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

I am so glad you are getting back to your old routine. Glad you are healing.
Have a great rest of the week.