Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My new laptop.

Well, I've been awake since 0430 this morning and after trying to go back to sleep but being unable to turn the brain off, I decided at 6 am that it was time to start the day. With Ron and Lilly still asleep, I didn't want to make a lot of noise - but I did manage to make the coffee. It's at times like this that I realize the challenges that come with having a broken knee cap. The coffee smells great - it was just a bit difficult getting it from the kitchen to the family room while still maneuvering my walker. But hey - when it comes to coffee, where there's a will, there's a way.
Being able to sit at the computer has been great, but I am not able to do so without putting my feet on a chair, and (because I am not double jointed or a circus performer) I have to put the keyboard on my lap to be able to type. I am also getting really good with using my left hand for the mouse so that I don't need to reach as far. To say I have a laptop is a far stretch of the imagination but it works. :)
This morning I wanted to ask y0u for some prayers for a group of soldiers who were killed in Iraq last week. They are buddies and comrades of a soldier who is the son of a dear friend of mine. So sad. I wish all of our troops could come home and yet, listening to some TV interviews of some Officers and enlisted men and women, THEY think their mission is valuable and important. You can hear their belief in doing whatever needs to be done. They know first hand the sacrifices, and also know where their duty lies...their honor as well. God bless them for their courage.
Well, guess it's time to start my day. Hmmm - what kind of challenge can I find today? Holding on to my trusty walker, you just never know where it's gonna take me. Maybe back to the coffee pot.
God bless your day and thanks for stopping in.
Sue

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good to hear you are getting around a little bit better now...and Congrats on the laptop computer...lolwhat we won't do to be able to use the computer