Wednesday, March 07, 2007


"Foxy Lilly"
Keeping Warm!


It's been pretty cold in our neck of the woods the past week or so. Of course I haven't had the benefit of the actual cold air since I've not left the house since Ron brought me home from surgery last Wednesday. Looks like Wednesday will be my official day out since I have a Dr. appt this afternoon. The fresh air will feel so good.

Last night was not a good one - hardly slept. My knee was really acting up and I just had a lot on my mind. All it takes is going to bed at 11, falling asleep right away and then waking up at 2:11 in the morning because my leg is cramped or in pain. If I am in pain, and if Ron wakes up, I will take some medication...but generally I just lie there until I fall back to sleep.

The other night when we went to bed, I was feeling kind of bad because we were missing Kasey's birthday. Our little man was two years old yesterday.

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASEY!!!). Sometimes it's not hard to start feeling sorry for myself, as I was the other night. But God always finds a way to get us out of our funk. Monday night, as Ron tucked me in, I was just really hurting and missing the kids. Lilly always knows when mommy needs her to be close by. She jumped up on the bed (barely missing the sore knee :) and laid down right next to me and put her head on my shoulder. She licked my ear as if to say "it's ok mom." It sounded like a wind tunnel outside as the cold winter winds blew around the corners of the house...but inside, there was Lilly. The above picture of her was taken just a day or so ago as she was sitting on a snowy perch in the back yard. She is a cold weather doggie who warms our hearts with her silly, loving ways. Yup...God keeps us warm with His love...and with the furry creatures He blesses us with.

Hoping to get back to work in a week or less. The Dr. will tell me the prospects of that today, and although I am anxious to get back, I am also a bit worried how it will all work out. My walker, my stabilizer and my wonderful co-ordination - that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. But I sure am enjoying the time at home with Ron. We play Rummikub for hours on end in the afternoon while his wonderful dinner preparations simmer in the crockpot. I think I will have about 10 lbs to lose when this is over. Goody - more salad.

Today I would like to ask for your prayers for the troops...I know they probably always are in your prayers, but many families have been receiving the most dreaded news lately. Please pray that they will find comfort in their faith and in the promise of a reunion in Heaven one day. It may seem like a lifetime away...but it is an assurance for those who trust in Jesus.

Keeping warm? Yes, we do have that comfort if we trust in Him. The comfort of a warm hearth, a simple afternoon spent with someone you love, or a furry creature saying "it's ok, mom" as they nuzzle your ear with a cold, wet nose.

Thanks and praise to God - who helps us find the good in all things, no matter what the situation is.

May He bless you.

Sue

2 comments:

kbug said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. I hadn't been by in a week, so I didn't even realize you'd had surgery. I hope everything heals well and that you continue to find God's love and healing hands in those angels around you. Take care of yourself..... :)

Call Me Grandma said...

I hope the knee is feeling better?
I have those kind of nights, also.
I'm glad to hear your healing. Maybe you'll get some of our warm weather. It is suppose to hit 60 tomorrow.