Friday, January 19, 2007



TGIF - and the dream lives on...

Well, today is the day most of us look forward to all week. Now I admit that I truly love my job - but more than that, I do love my weekends with Ron. We have a snow storm moving in as we speak (or as I type) - it's early in the evening and Ron has his pjs on already and I am giving into that shortly. This has already been a good night. We spoke to Laurie who is on the other side of the country right now for some training and I am really lonely for her this week - and for Kasey and Stephen too of course. I think I am missing them more because they are not together as a family right now with Laurie out of town. I guess they are used to this - the military life you know. (I will NEVER be used to it). But it made my day to be able to talk to Laurie.
Tomorrow we will go to the RV show and look (yet again) for the Fifth Wheel Trailer that we will be traveling in when I retire. We have been looking for two years now - retirement is still more than two years away, but you can't do these things too quickly. :) Seriously, it is such a nice thing to do - to dream about and make plans for our life together after I retire. The mailman brought my social security statement today, a projected statement of what I will receive if I retire at 62 and although the picture they paint is much better if I waited til I am 66 or 70, I don't want to lose that time with Ron and the kids. It's ok if I leave when I am 62 - it's been our dream for awhile now - dreams are good as long as they are realistic AND that we make sure we are prepared to accept God's plan if it's different than ours.
I hope your weekend is a good one - a safe one if you are out and about in stormy, snowy weather. Build a snowman, do some snow angels, (did you know that you can find detailed instructions online how to make a snow angel?), or enjoy some hot cocoa (don't forget the marshmallows). I will be watching some football on Sunday, that's for sure!
There was a report out this week about how cancer is claiming fewer lives. Right now I can think of at least 7 people I care about who are suffering from cancer...some are not doing well, but God fills us with hope just the same. He does marvelous things and they are resting in His care, trusting in His healing love. And we are trusting in that love as well.
To my friends with loved ones serving, may prayer and trust be your constant companions - and may the Lord watch over your soldiers in whichever branch they serve ~ and wherever their boots may journey.
May you be blessed, my friends.
Sue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, retirement is a big step. Take your time. Ugh stayed retired for 18 months, then he got himself a part time job. He now works 3 days a week.
I miss Gabby even more since I have spent 5 days getting to know her. I think everyday, boy, I wish they lived closer to me.
Maybe someday!

kbug said...

Well, I see by the Google News and Edit Me that you're still having problems posting links.....lol. Too funny!!!

You know, it doesn't matter where your kids are, it's always so nice to hear from them. I will be seeing one of them this coming weekend. I have a business meeting in San Antonio, so Ken is taking a couple days off from work and we're driving south Friday night to stay with Seth and Katie at Fort Hood overnight. Then they may follow us down to San Antone to spend the day with us on the Riverwalk. It will be nice to see them again and if the weather is nice, a day on the river will be fun.

Sue said...

Testing 1-2-3.