Tuesday, January 09, 2007


Cleaning house!!

Well, now that the holidays are over, and I am feeling quite a bit better, and the winter weather is finally moving in, the time is right for pitching and tossing...otherwise known as cleaning house. Because I wasn't feeling well for several weeks, the stuff just kind of kept accumulating and I have a ton of papers and magazines and books that I want to ditch. But I need to check them out first, so tonight I will take one or two groups of these things and sift through them. I will show no mercy - anything that doesn't look important will go. That's what I did when I cleaned my closet in the fall - haven't worn it in a year? TOSS IT!! Of course the real reason behind the project is to get rid of stuff that we can't take with us when I retire in a couple of years and we buy our RV and go traveling for a year or two. I have been told that we are having a garage sale in the spring, the first of many no doubt - everything that isn't needed will be sold by the time we move. Yikes!! Scary thought.
I also need to write a sort of post holiday letter to my friends and family who are out of town cause I didn't get cards mailed this year. Time is going quickly - in another month or so our busy time will be upon us at work and it won't lighten up until at least July. Four or five months of nonstop processing and busy-ness. I thrive on it but it is stressful as heck.
Sounds like we are starting to kick some behind over in the sand - may God protect our men and women. My soldiers are both stateside and our family feels blessed for that - but those who are serving over there are my soldiers too - and they are not forgotten.
May God's peace be with you - and thanks for stopping.
Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.