Wednesday, January 10, 2007


The main topic of the day...

Well, during my morning and evening commute today,

all I heard was the buzz about President Bush speaking tonight.
I heard what the Republicans thought, the Democrats opinion, the talk show host's feelings, the web poll results...etc., etc., etc.
I am one of those people who is weary of the war, but support our troops... and still believe in our President. I am part of the minority.
But I am afraid. Two of our children serve and there doesn't seem to be any direction for this war and while their deployment is not imminent (so they tell me), this mom's heart is tired of worrying. I know many of the soldiers who are in the sand...love them all ~ and their moms as well.
God hears my prayers every single day for our troops - some I can call by name, and the rest He knows...in fact He knows exactly how many hairs are covered by their Kevlar helmets. If we THINK we know the number of men's and women's and children's hearts who are affected by this war...well we could think again, because they are countless. Countless to us...yet God knows each and every one.
And He also knows the heart of our President. Dear God, guide him...give him your wisdom..give him the answers we all need to hear about this war.
We are weary, Lord...and we put all of our trust in you. May our President and all who lead our men and women of the military put their trust in you as well.


It's time, Lord. It's time.


God bless our great nation and those who serve and protect her. And those of us who wait, and pray and listen for His answers.

3 comments:

kbug said...

Hello, Two Star Mom.....I found you through Call me Grandma's site..... I've been reading hers for quite some time. I, too, am a two-star mom. Out of three sons, two are in the military. My middle son has been in the Air Force for almost 9 years and my youngest has been in the Army for 4 and just returned from Iraq. He has 3 more years and another Iraq deployment ahead of him yet.

I just wanted to say that I agree with you whole-heartedly about all of our troops being like sons and daughters. I travel a bit with my job and have sat next to young Marines and Soldiers and Airmen and have loved visiting with them. I look for the R&R troops who are always passing through the airport so I can let them know that there are people who support them in their mission and pray for them. My son came home from Iraq right after Thanksgiving and was home for Christmas.....but I always remember those who are not.

Glad I found you...... :)

Sue said...

Hi Kbug,
Thanks for stopping over - yes Cathy and I have been friends for awhile now - will see you on your site very shortly.
Sue

Anonymous said...

We all feel the same way. WEARY!