Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I think I'm in trouble.

Well, tonight I decided that every day after dinner I will tackle a little job of some sort around here - just so that I can continue with my pitching and tossing routine. I am up at 0530 and out the door by 7 to get to work on time by 8 am so the day is long. But a little 30 minute project isn't too bad, right? Oh my gosh - tonight's project was my kitchen desk - my nook, as Ron calls it. It's one of those flat surfaces that holds a LOT! And so tonight, I thought it would be a good idea to tackle the nook. As I said, big trouble.
Are you a "saver" of things? Greeting cards from the kids, envelopes saved because they have return addresses on them and I don't have an organized address book (that's going to change this weekend as the information goes onto pages in the perfectly good address book I have-it's alphabetized too - what a novel idea).
But I am in serious trouble as I realize that over the years I have saved entirely too much. You name it, I saved it. Not good - where the heck am I going to put that stuff in an RV? And I'm not going to part with it.
Yup, I'm in trouble. Maybe I could do a couple of scrapbooks? Or five. Stephen is right - Laurie gets her pack rat traits from me. One time - as Stephen looked in a small cupboard above my "nook" for a set of salt and pepper shakers (I keep my cookbooks in the same cupboard) - he said to me, "remind me never to help you pack or move..." And he was sincere. I didn't take it personally. :)
So, I think I'll go to bed now and not worry about any of this tonight. Hmmm, what should I clean tomorrow? MY COMPUTER DESK!!
I think I'm in trouble.
Blessings my friends,
Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes i am a saver of cards and envelopes. I am afraid to throw things away as soon as I do it seems I need them.