Saturday, October 21, 2006


Sweetest Day!!!

Ok today is Sweetest Day. Ever hear of it, or is it just an Eastern part of the country tradition? It's always the 3rd Saturday in October and is a day set aside for people to remember their sweethearts or spouses. Now it may sound like Valentine's day but the difference is that Valentine's Day is for everyone. So, anyway, last year - for the first time in our 36 years of marriage, I FORGOT and RON REMEMBERED. Never again would I do that. Until this morning. MAN OH MAN - you want to see upset? Me, this morning, as Ron presented me with a card and box of turtles...THAT is upset. So anyway, if you are reading this and you observe sweetest day - today is the day...go out and buy something. :) Me, well, Ron is taking me to a movie - I think the WWII Flags of our Fathers movie, and then I am buying dinner. We'll do someplace nicer today.
Got a phone call on Thursday from the Personnel office - exam postponed because of the storm we had. Thank you God - cause I still have some accounting studying to do.
Time to get ready for our date...but before I leave I just wanted to say thank you for being here. I try to always offer something positive or to make you smile. It's not always easy to come up with a post - Cat, Heather, and Erik can all tell you that words don't always come easy (well Erik, my friend, always seems to have stuff to say - and I mean that in a good way Erik - you've given me lots to think about and smile about). For my friends here with military loved ones, I know from experience that sometimes the days seem soooo long. And the weekends seem to never end - so many hours to fill. But remember, please, that we are praying for your troops - and for all the troops. And thankfully it's not our prayers that change things - but God's answers.
God bless your day - I'll be thinking of you.
Sue

No comments: