Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ahhhh - tylenol, tea, and fruit, and cake.

Tough day - lots to do at work and just one of those "oh my gosh - where did this headache come from?" types of days. I think it's the weather but it's the worse headache I've had in awhile. On campus today, we watched the work crews with chain saws splitting up the tree limbs which have fallen down all over the place. Kind of sad to see so many beautiful trees depleted by the storm we had last week, but I know that God makes all things new according to His plan. So now, the brilliant colors that were once reaching out from the branches look up at us from the ground. But that's the thing - the colors still shout out the glory of His handiwork. And the branches they still cling to will not be renewed, but the trees that they once were connected are probably already beginning new growth.
In the news today was a very sobering report out of the sand - 11 soldiers lost yesterday and today. I do not understand, sometimes, how this all works. And I know that my questions do not fall on deaf ears when I pray "Why does this happen, Lord?" He hears me - hears us all - but it's not an easy thing, is it? I pray for it to end, yet also I know that His will has already determined the exact moment when that will happen. And so I trust in that will - for your loved ones who serve, and for mine as well.
Studying to do tonight - we will also talk to Laurie and Stephen and Kasey. For now, I sit at my computer allowing the tylenol to kick in, and enjoying my cup of tea and my fat free fig newtons (fruit and cake :).
The long day is behind me and a quiet night lies ahead. I wish you restful sleep and a blessed Thursday.
Thanks for stopping by,
Sue

No comments: