Sunday, August 12, 2007

I wonder if God is trying to tell me something?

It's been over a week since I've been here...and trust me when I say that the week hasn't been an easy one for any of our family members. In a few days, Scott will be gone - across the country and about as far away as he could get.
This morning's epistle lesson was from Hebrews 11 - the faith chapter. Verse one:
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
I guess God is trying to tell me something because He brought that verse to mind a few weeks ago when Scott's plan first came to light. There have been tears enough to fill an ocean, angry words spoken, loving words spoken as well.
And now, the week looms ahead...well, it looks waaay too rough but it's a path we have to travel because as someone once said, time marches on.
And so, both of our children will be farther away than I'd ever imagined. Ron and I will do our utmost to keep Scott in the picture for Veronica - and we will be praying that somehow it will all work out.
Then of course there is another scripture verse from Romans 8:28 -
'And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God.'
I think it's been a long time since Scott has had a conversation with God - but his mom has been in daily touch from the moment I knew we were going to have a child all those years ago. Now "daily" touch isn't enough and so I will work on that every moment of every day for the rest of my life - however long God ordeigns that will be.
Thank you for your faithful prayers and for being with me in this journey. Any military mom knows that the road we travel needs to be taken one day at a time. When I wrote my very first post more than 13 months ago, I said that it's not just about the soldiers - but about their siblings as well. It's never an easy path - no matter what. But it's also never a journey we take alone.
Thanks for the company.
God bless you - and God bless our troops.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Sue you and your family are in my prayers. My prayer for my children has always been, "Jesus I trust in You. Watch over this child."
What more can we do.