Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Embraced by Jesus.

My uncle Ken passed away last night - he was 76, my dad's second youngest brother, and an awesome man. But God in His grace and mercy called him to be there with Him and out of the pain and suffering Uncle Ken was experiencing here. The older I get, the more I realize that this is what we are all looking forward to - the Hope we have in eternity. Of course, we all would like to live long lives, see our kids and grandkids grow up and be happy. Uncle Ken realized all of this, and is resting now with Jesus.
And on another note...14 soldiers died today in Iraq. My friend Wendy, well her son is a pilot over there and the sinking feeling our military mom sisters felt with this news was felt by many. But then, as quickly as the fear came, so too did our faith. And the meaning of Paul's "prayers without ceasing" was ever clear. I pray that these soldiers also knew the embrace of our Lord much stronger than their fear.
Wendy - God be with you today as you wait to hear from your soldier. He is OUR soldier too.
And may He comfort all those families today receiving the visits and hearing the news a military family fears most. You are not alone - I promise you. And your soldier will never be forgotten.
Peace, my friends.

2 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Prayers going out to Wendy and her soldier.
May your Uncle Ken rest in peace....and may all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.

Linda said...

My prayers for Wendy and her son and with all the families who lost their loved one today.