Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The mourning after.

The news of the shooting incident at Virginia Tech went through our office yesterday afternoon - when lunch hours were nearly over and we had begun settling in to our scheduled tasks that remained. I had to leave work early yesterday for physical therapy, but just before I left, one of our staff members said that 22 people had been killed at VT. I got in my car and turned on the radio news, and heard worse - that it was 32 people killed by a single man. As I rode the stationary bike at pt, I watched FOX news reporting on the tragedy and it began to sink in. How does a day turn that tragic - and how could anyone have enough anger living in him to do this to so many innocent people?
The mourning in my blog title is not misspelled for truly we are mourning. It's not simply the morning after, but a time of deep sorrow and a time for grieving.
On my way home last night, I listened to the callers who were on the talk radio show. All of their opinions, their thoughts about gun control, etcetera, etcetera. But in the end, the bottom line said one thing - 31 innocent students and teachers were gone and many others survived but will never be the same.
Today, may God be with their families. May He be with those injured - and their families as well. And for those who are mourning - which would be all of us - we may never understand, but we will always be comforted by the love God has for His children. Surely He must be grieving as well.
In memory of those who died at Virginia Tech on April 16, 2007.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

What a tragedy. I pray for all the families that have lost loved ones.
What a horrible way to lose a child. May God in His infinite mercy...comfort them.