Saturday, April 07, 2007

The day in between.

Today is the day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. It doesn't have the solemnity of Good Friday (although it should) and there is always so much to do to get ready for Easter. But I always think about the fact that Jesus, on the day after Good Friday, was still in a tomb on this day...waiting for the miracle of Resurrection. Lent isn't quite over until we open our eyes on Easter morning and realize HE IS RISEN. So, to me, the Saturday before Easter is still a day to be in thought about what Jesus did for the world, about what He did for me. (yet there is the knowledge of the rejoicing to come tomorrow).
My cousin Tina has been walking through the valley these last few days. But the doctors are cautiously optimistic. What was originally thought to be a grave problem with her lungs has turned out to be treatable and the Drs. are hopeful they can treat this successfully too. She is fighting with all of her might; heavily sedated, but still fighting.
Today - true to tradition, will be a busy one. I have a funeral to go to this morning, a wake to go to this afternoon and some shopping. We'll stop by the kids house to visit for a little bit and maybe I'll get to SEARS to get a new Easter suit - but since it's in the 20's and snowing, I think I can probably wear a winter suit and still be ok. I remember when the kids were little, Laurie would get a new outfit for Easter and it would never fail that Easter morning would be cold...but she would wear that cute little spring dress no matter what. I guess we are all that way; my mom used to buy my sisters and I matching coats for Easter and no matter how cold it was, we were in church on Easter morning with our new coats and new hats. Funny.
The knee is a lot better these days - it's easier to walk on it and the brace is a thing of the past. I still use my cane occasionally and stairs aren't easy yet - but my physical therapy is going well.
I'm hoping to be online tomorrow morning to wish you all a blessed Easter but if you aren't able to stop in, I wish you a joyous Easter and many blessings.
Yup - today is the day in between...almost time for rejoicing. May we all do so with all of our hearts.
Blessings.
Sue

No comments: