Wednesday, September 27, 2006


What's your dream?









Ok, I guess today's post will be about something I've always wanted to do. I guess you'd call it my dream.
For years - as far back as I can remember - writing has been kind of a passion for me. Mostly I've used it as the vessel for telling others how I feel - I've written a poem about the heart of a soldier (inspired by Laurie - it actually got published), have written and sent stories to magazines (they were
very polite when they said no thank you); have entered contests, or written devotions for our church groups. But I have not accomplished my dream yet...to write something major. Ron and the kids are behind me 100%. One of my favorite Christian writers is Marjorie Holmes. She has written so many beautiful essays and stories...
I'm not sure - maybe the only writing I am meant to do is for my family, or for church; and maybe this blog will be the only writing I do that will be viewed by the public...if that's the case, so be it. The whole idea behind this blog is to reach people...to encourage...to bring a smile. If that's what God has planned for me, so be it. But still...when I grow up (or retire)...my dream is to be a writer. What's YOUR dream? Please share...after all, this is your site too.
God bless you, and God bless our Troops.
Sue

1 comment:

Cat said...

you will touch many with your blog, it is amazing how many people actually read mine!

thanks for stopping by!

My dream? hmmm to help others in some sort of way.