Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering the day we all changed.

All weekend long, I thought about what my thoughts would be as I wrote today's post. And still this morning during the commute to work, I wondered what I could say that could be worthy of this day...worthy of the memory of all who were lost...and worthy of offering comfort to those who lost loved ones on 9/11/2001.
There are no words, but as I sit here at work, and hear the silence in our office, perhaps that is what is most fitting. Silence.
And so, in memory of all who perished, and to comfort all who lost someone on that terrible day, I offer silence...to allow all of our prayers to be spoken and all of them to be answered by our gracious Father in Heaven. No matter where we were that day, He was with us. And still is.
In loving memory of who we lost and what we ~ as Americans ~ lost five years ago.
May God touch your heart with peace on this day.
Sue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean - I was back at the same place I was in when the news broke yesterday - It was just weird - I hadn't been there in 5 years and I didn't plan it. To top it off, my old boss was there as well... silence and resolve are all that is needed for this occassion.

Cat said...

Thanks for the comment!
That day is etched in my memories for ever.

Take care!