Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday night at last!!!

Well I thought it would never get here...it's been kind of a long week. Of course it began with 9/11. One of my staff lost a cousin at the Pentagon - I knew she would be upset that day, but she did pretty well until the end of the day...her tears had been right beneath the surface all day long and so we had a good long talk, shed a few tears together, and it helped us both.
I have come to treasure my weekends - Saturdays with Ron, visiting Scott and Tina and the kids, a good dinner somewhere and then a movie here at home on Saturday night. Sundays include church, teaching Sunday school, putting laundry away and a few odd jobs around here and now that it's football season...Buffalo Bills football games. We don't go to the games but we always park ourselves in front of the TV with a bowl of popcorn.
This weekend, I'll begin studying for a promotional exam that's coming up in a few weeks. Our office manager's position is open and those of us eligible for the exam will be taking it - and applying for the job if we pass. I expect the competition will be tough so I need to do my very best on the exam to have a chance at the job. Wish me luck! (and when the test gets closer, I'll be asking for prayers no doubt).
I know for my friends with loved ones deployed, the weekends seem the longest because you have to fill your day without going to work. Praying that you'll get an email or a phone call to ease your mind.
Just an update on our Lilly - she is a sweetheart. She's starting to become mischievious - she is a chewer and a cuddler. She sleeps between us at night, almost nose to nose with us and occasionally snores softly. She loves the kids and I would say that she knows she has it made here.
Thanks to Heather and Cat for stopping by - I appreciate it and I will be visiting your sites more often...Erik, you too. And for my friend...you know who you are...who emailed me the last couple of days...you are in my prayers - may God be ever near to you.

May God bless you all this weekend with restful sleep.
Sue

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wendy...
God bless your Lily. What a blessing for all of you.