Tuesday, September 26, 2006




Bits and pieces and thoughts of friends...

Well, today I did something I haven't done in nearly a year - I called in sick. Calling in sick is something that I don't do lightly - but after the night I had, there really wasn't much of a choice. So I spent the day studying for my exam and watching old movies with Lilly. Ron had chores to do outside so I didn't see him much, but Lilly is good company. She curls up on the couch next to me (she has a large bath towel on this designated area so she always knows where she is supposed to be. Uh, yeah, right. Key word there is SUPPOSED).
So today I'd like to wish my friend Wendy a Happy Birthday. She is one of my Military Mom cyber friends who lives in the great state of Wisconsin. Her son Jay is over in the sand right now and I know that her birthday would be a lot happier if he was stateside. She is an awesome lady and deserves only good things. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY!!!' I hope God gifted you today with a phone call from Jay.
I am so excited to tell you that this Sunday I am participating in the Making Strides for Breast Cancer 5K walk. I've never done that before - never had the energy or really thought that it could make a difference. Recently I've kind of of had a new attitude about things - I want to do new things. Things that I've been afraid to do because I didn't think it was possible. The white water rafting with Laurie, the horseback riding, these things were so much fun. And now the walk - there are 8 of us from church participating. It's not really a big deal - people do these kinds of things every day - but for me, it's exciting.
Anyway, this morning, I logged into my email and there was an email from the website I had registered on for the Cancer walk and the email said "your goal has been reached!!" Everyone who signs up for this walk sets a goal for donations. And so, this morning, my sister and her daughter - my niece Erika - donated $125 and I was thrilled. This is my little sister - Chelle, who lives in FL and who I don't see nearly enough but talk to each other as often as we can. Chelle - and Erika - thank you so much for your contribution. What a wonderful gift. I promise that I will make it all the way to the finish line. Wish you were here to walk it with me.
Speaking of gifts, it's almost time to start my Christmas shopping. I can hear the groans - but seriously, it's time. I have to do it in bits and pieces so the past couple of years I have been buying earlier. That gives me time to do my cookies and Christmas cards too. We are planning on visiting Laurie, Stephen and Kasey during the week after Christmas but with the airfares that I've been finding, we might be making it a road trip. That's always fun but in the winter could be tricky. We'll figure it out.
So many people are on my mind tonight and lots of situations too. Too many to mention here for fear of slighting someone. Just remember that you are all important to me and for those with heavy hearts, or difficult situations, and for those waiting for their loved ones to return from the sand, please remember that it's far too big for us to handle, but God has it in His hands and hears our prayers. Every one of them.
See you again soon my friends,
Sue

No comments: