Wednesday, July 23, 2008


Knowing when to give thanks.



The last week or so, since I got back to work, I have continued the daily tradition of sending Laurie an email at work. Her Army address and her Army Reserve address of course is a staple in both email accounts I have - Yahoo, and my work address. I need only type in the first two letters of her first name and it comes up first on my stored address lists. Her replies always give me reason to smile. Kasey's grumpy mornings, or their taking breakfast and coffee to Stephen because he has to leave the house by 5 and everyone else is still sleeping. These are days to be grateful for - days they can be together as a family before Stephen leaves. I am so thankful they have them.
I am normally a very positive person - glass half full; heck, overflowing most of the time. But lately - as I think more like a mom and about the upcoming deployment - the cup isn't so full. And it depletes the spirit. Not the Holy Spirit, for He is always with me, but the human spirit you could say.

Today, I am feeling more like my old self. It was a good day at work and although I did bring work home, it's a voluntary thing...whatever I get done will just be a bonus for my day. Know what I mean? And when you have a good day, you know that it's more important to give thanks for the blessings rather than brood on what you can't do anything about.

So I smile at the good things that are happening for our little family so far away. There will be time enough to fret when they are separated, but for now, I just thank our God for His keeping them together in these days before the sand.

Thank you Father...truly, thank You.

And thanks for stopping by, my friends.

God bless our troops - each of them a reason to give thanks.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Those of us who know you are so BLESSED to be among your friends. You are truly a wonderful person.
HUGS,
Karen