Thursday, November 29, 2007


Blogs are the Cat's Meow!


Hi everyone. Have I told you lately how much I appreciate your company? It's really wonderful how my world has opened up since I visited my first blog about 3 years ago...oh my gosh - it's been that long. First blog I visited was Cathy's...she is a friend from our military moms website...and she led me to Erik who led me to others and so on and so on. Problem is, I am noticing all of your WONDERFUL sidebars with lists of links to other blogs and I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT! There are so many sites I would like to post links to...blogs that have made me laugh, and cry; they have sent me to the Lord in prayer, to give thanks, and rejoice. So many good and gracious bloggers I have "met." Ok, so this weekend, I am going to read all the help topics I can find about posting links and other cool things. When I think of the things that I do on my computer at work - the programs I use, and the processes I run...and yet I can't figure out how to dress up Two Star Mom.
Meanwhile, please say a prayer tonight for a little cat named Butterball. She was recently adopted by a friend of mine, but she has kennel cough and she needs a few prayers. You might remember that when we adopted our doggie Lily, she had kennel cough and she was a very, very sick puppy. She probably wouldn't have made it because humane societies can't afford to make all the sick puppies and kitties well. So God lets them get adopted and then He takes it from there. Butterball...get better please. Your new mom needs you - and you need her very much (there will be lots of treats and a nice soft bed and maybe even a can of tuna once in awhile). As I said, blogs are the cat's meow. Meow and purr and have a happy life, Butterball.
I first began this blog when Laurie re-joined the military. The roller coaster ride of being a military mom - a love/hate thing that stirs up so much pride regardless of whether it's uphill, downhill, or hairpin curves - life wouldn't be the same with out this ride. But we need company along the way. It was my hope that I would be able to encourage military loved ones - cause we understand each other. Funny thing happened - you have blessed me. With your friendship, your own blogs, your encouragement when things have been difficult in my life, the blessings have been abundant. I have seen faith that can move mountains, strength and courage that give me strength and courage. And always understanding - we really do understand that life is ours to experience just once...with the adventures and the blessings being constant. I've learned a lot in the last few years - but it always comes down to one thing dear to the hearts of so many of us - our military.
May God bless them all - ALL of them - but especially those who serve in the sands of the Middle East. Lord please keep them safe and send them home soon to their loved ones. We're all waiting for them - and we love each and every one of them.

Blessings my friends...thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

The Teacup Cottage said...

Guess its a day of reflection on readers for all of us! It's amazing what friends you find when you're not even searching!