Friday, December 07, 2007


UH OH - Overdrive Time.


THE weekend has arrived. It's the weekend that you get to say thank goodness there are still two weeks until Christmas. Which translates to: OH man...I think I better get going. Tonight is list night. Tomorrow is shopping. Sunday is wrapping while watching football. Veronica is here - actually behind me, sitting on Papa's lap and watching Frosty the Snowman while eating an oreo cookie. Ahhh - life sure is simple for 3 year olds.

The weather is definitely Christmas weather - it's been cold all week...some snow - lots of it in ski country. This gives people the incentive to buy skis, or ski jackets, and gloves and hats and warm jackets. Tomorrow we are taking Veronica shopping for some good warm boots. Her mommy requested that when she dropped her off tonight. Tomorrow night we are taking her to the Christmas light show - there are several in our area. Or maybe we will just drive around a few of the local neighborhoods and enjoy a free show and save our money for some hot chocolate or a soda at the local ice cream parlor after we've looked at the lights. We're trying to do something special at least one day of each weekend so that Veronica and Scott can do something other than hang around the house. We want Veronica to have an adventure to tell her mommy and brother about when she goes home each Sunday. It's important that Tina knows that we are trying to make sure Veronica is not just spending time here, but is having fun too.

It's my hope that tomorrow morning will find me still in bed at 6:30 - maybe 7 if I'm lucky. And then I will have 2 cups of coffee before I start the shopping trip. THE shopping trip. I think I feel tired already.

Hoping that your weekend will bring you blessings.

God bless our troops and those who wait.

2 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Hi Sue, yes it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. That is weather wise. We got snow, also.
Grandkids do make life an adventure. Sounds like you are having fun.

The Teacup Cottage said...

I'm in a panic too. I've got tons of homework to finish before I can start getting into the Christmas stuff. Yikes!