Sunday, December 16, 2007


Getting closer - uh oh.


Does anyone have a few extra days they can lend me before Christmas? Yesterday I was going to finish my shopping and get the gifts all wrapped. 3/4 of them are sitting down in the basement all wrapped and ready for their bows. Scott moved them there on Friday before Veronica got here. I won't put the bows on them until they go under the tree because the glue on the bows dry out and fall off. This is the first year I have done this so we'll see if it helps or if the bows will still be scattered under the tree on Christmas morning.

So did I go shopping? Nope - the Binker (that's our nickname for Veronica) was extremely busy yesterday and Ron had a project going so I needed to be here to take care of her. At 3 1/2 she is pretty good, but she is VERY busy so Ron couldn't steam wallpaper off the wall and watch her too. Today I am not in church because this bronchial thing has returned with a vengeance. I coughed all day and night yesterday and don't really want to cough in church all morning too. Lovely.

Today, I will DEFINITELY wrap presents and get my recipes together for some cookie baking during the week. Somehow, it all gets done - doesn't it? When I was a little girl, I used to watch my mom getting ready for Christmas and she used to move from one project to the next with such, I don't know, finesse? You would think that SOME of that would have rubbed off on my sisters and I. No such luck. But as I've said before - I love a challenge.

We feel so blessed that Laurie, Stephen, and Kasey will be home for Christmas this year. Who knows what God's plans are for us all from one year to the next? But we trust that we are safely in His care and that is a wonderful assurance every single day. His will for us is perfect.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Fall semester - LOTS of things to do at work to make sure that all students who are requesting financial aid for just the fall semester will have their financial aid on the system and in place. While this can be a stressful time, it can also be very stimulating for the brain ( I tell myself that's a good thing at my age :).

For those who are traveling this week, Godspeed you safely to your destination.

For my friends who have loved ones in the sand, your loved ones are in the constant prayers of so many - mine included. I know the urgency of those prayers - and the trust with which we pray. Waiting for the answers is where our faith can be revealed - and His grace.

My friends - forgive me if I don't stop in too frequently this week. I'm getting ready for Kasey, and Christmas...and Jesus.

No comments: