Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday at Nana's house.

Sitting here listening to Ron and Veronica in the kitchen having their breakfast - the rule of thumb is that Papa makes eggs and toast for her on Saturday and Sunday mornings while I sit here and enjoy my Saturday morning coffee and wait til Ron is out of the kitchen so that I can clean it up and start messing it up again with some sort of baking project. Today I will make chocolate chip cookies with one slight change in the routine. Veronica will be helping Nana make them. :)
Last night, Scott took us out for dinner to Ruby Tuesday's. It was a great dinner just because the four of us were together. Veronica had a great time - sampling everyone's flavored lemonade and then drinking her chocolate milk - served in one of those little one serving bottles they sell in the grocery stores. She just thought that was so cool. Then we went to Toys r Us and that didn't last long because Veronica's eyes were like saucers. Scott bought her a pound puppy and I bought her some barnyard animals. She LOVES her barnyard animals and has enough to start her own zoo.
Scott is working today so we will make it a Papa, Nana and Veronica day. Tacos for dinner and then her Saturday night bath. Tomorrow she will go home when Scott goes to work.
It's taking some time getting used to all the changes in our family. Tina is a little different now and while I still love her so much, I don't understand her sometimes. I have decided that it's time to take the pictures of Scott and Tina together with the kids off my sofa table. Another chapter is beginning in our lives - it actually began last July with their separation. I think it might be painful for Scott to see them everyday and it's time for me to face the music. It's not a happy tune, but sometimes we need to sing it anyway.
It's life and as I've said before, it is what it is.
But praise God for little girls who still think it's fun to spend a Saturday with Nana. It's been awhile since I've baked cookies with a 3 year old, but I think it'll all come back to me.
God bless our troops and those who wait.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Sounds like all is turning out well at your place.

Sounds like when Veronica is around, it always Christmas at Grandma's.
I love baking cookies with Noah. That is one of my favorite memories, is baking cookies with my kids.