Wednesday, November 14, 2007

38 Years

Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. Yikes. I always thought that people married this long had to be old, or infirm - heck, maybe both. But we aren't - at least we don't think so. It was a great day - I had requested the day off and this morning when I opened my eyes and looked at the clock, it said 5am. I smiled, pulled the comforter up and fell back to sleep until 7:30. That's like noon to me. Went and had some blood work done and came home and had a good breakfast with 2 cups of coffee...this morning I used the Folgers.
We started watching a movie - Amazing Grace - but then it was time to take Scott to work and so we paused it. We dropped Scott off and then I said I wanted to do a little Christmas shopping. Ron was thrilled (not). But I did get a few cute things for Laurie - there is a new store at the mall that I'd heard was nice. She is always the one I start with because she is so easy to buy for - and this store is to die for. Well, Ron was with me so I behaved.

We went to Red Lobster for dinner - MAJOR food consumed - it was delicious. Key Lime pie and coffee too. We don't do that very often - very special occasions only. I think celebrating 38 years makes it a special occasion - don't you?
So it's been a really great day - time spent together always is a wonderful thing. We've been blessed with many things in our marriage. There have, of course, been some lean years, some times of growing, and times when if we hadn't had our love we wouldn't have made it.
But that's the thing - God has always blessed us with love and no matter what we went through, we came out stronger on the other side. Unfortunately, couples don't always have that nowadays.
I love you Ron.
And I will just close by saying Thank you Lord for Ron, for our marriage, and for all that You have given us in our 38 years together. Blessing upon blessing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples. You make marriage seem easy!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.