Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's get serious here!

Ok, this week is going to be a killer. Packing, cleaning, and physical therapy. Dishes, pots and pans, linens and all miscellaneous things joining us on our journey need to come out of their rightful places and get wrapped in newspaper and into boxes. Half of the two and a half car garage will be filled with boxes by week's end. This is a good feeling. Saturday, it took me a couple of hours to sort out all of Kasey's toys and condense them from two boxes into a large plastic tote with a picture of Lightening McQueen on it and a bright red cover (let know if you don't know who Lightening McQueen is :). Kasey, trying to help (but mostly saying, "I've been looking for this grandma" and then playing) was also asking, "Why is this taking so long and when can we color Easter eggs, grandma?"
Last night I was really tired - hips really bothering me from standing on the ceramic tile floor all day in the kitchen - so I was in bed by 9:30. It was a great day, but grandma was tired.
Today, no appointments or anything to draw me away from the fun - :) so I will get a lot done.
This is so that when Laurie comes to visit she won't feel like she has to pack stuff and can just spend time with Kasey.
The physical therapy for my back is going ok. I am finding all sorts of joints and muscles that I didn't even know I had but I guess this means it's working.
But I guess I'm not getting anything done sitting here blogging, right?
Better get moving. Literally.
God bless those held captive by the pirates in the standoff which just ended - and the Navy Seals who rescued them - thank God for their bravery.
May He bless all of our troops - those standing guard at home, and all those across the seas.

4 comments:

Elisha said...

And I was just sitting here thinking how much stuff around here I needed tog et done, then I read your post and realize i really don;t have all that much to do.

Hoping you are feeling better today and get lots done!

Ma said...

Hope you are feeling better. Where will you store all that?

Aren't you glad you are retired!!

Betsy

Call Me Grandma said...

Retirement can mean so much rest and relaxation...not!
Just keep thinking this is only temporary.

Thank God for our brave military.

kbug said...

I can't even imagine trying to go through all of our years of stuff...gives me nightmares just thinking about it. But I know the light at the end of the tunnel is beckoning you onward. How much longer till you head for the hills?