Friday, October 17, 2008

A Different World


It's 6:10 am, and I sit here in the office heating up my breakfast sandwich. McDonald's isn't open at 5:30 in the morning - at least not around here they aren't. But I did find a gas station that sells frozen breakfast sandwiches - the man was just making the coffee so I will have to settle for the coffee I make here every morning. I hope it tastes extra good this morning.
I got Ron to the airport for a very early flight and rather than drive all the way home, I came to the office. I'm only 2 hours early. :-) Good time to get rid of some extra "debris" on my desk.
My whole world looks so much different at this hour of the morning. The campus is asleep - a few maintenance trucks, here and there a student getting in their early morning run, but for the most part, it is dark and quiet , the parking lot casting unfamiliar shadows, (makes one pick up their step just a little), and I even needed my security swipe card to get into the outside door.
And, in just a little over a week, a whole different part of our world will change for indeed, the early morning flight that Ron is on this morning will take him to Laurie and Kasey. It will be a busy week for them - Ron helping Laurie get things packed up, Kasey's little 3 year old hands helping in every way possible. And Laurie - she will be leaving the active Reserves and going back in to the Active full time Army. They've got her for good now I think - at least for 7 more years. And then probably 3 years after that.
Never have I been more proud to be a mom - a Two Star Mom.
God bless our troops and those of us who wait for them...and support them in all that they do.
Blessings my friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A Big Thank you to YOU and your children for service to our country!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Ma said...

Sue,

Thinking and praying for all of you!

Betsy

Karen said...

Blessings to you my friend, my prayers remain with you all through this year of change.....THANK YOU to Laurie for her service and of course Stephen.
HUGS,
KAren